- Wild Mushroom changed, only 3 mushrooms can be placed at one time (Down from 5).
- Cyclone cast time increased to 2 sec. Up from 1.5 sec.
- Faerie Fire now has a 35 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Insect Swarm now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Starfire now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Entangling Roots now has a 35 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Thorns now lasts 20 sec, down from 10 minutes. Damage increased by 1400% (Deals 447 damage instead of 32)
- Moonfire now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Wrath now has a 40 yards range, up from 30 yards.
- Moonkin Form now increases Nature and Arcane spell damage by 10%.
- Starlight Wrath now reduces cast time by 0.15/0.25/0.5 sec. (Up from 0.1/0.2/0.3 sec)
- One of the common questions with each Beta patch is what are they going to do about the lack of Nature's Reach and now we know. Almost all spells have a baked in range of 40 yards now, which is 4 up from where on live. The only question I have is why does Faerie Fire and Entangling Roots have a 35 yard range? I wonder if it's a typo or possibly a bug.
- The change to Cyclone is a part of a larger change to all CC spells. Ghostcrawler talks about the change here. As primarily a PvE player, I don't think this change as much of an impact on me.
- With a 10% damage buff baked into Moonkin Form, we will definitely be staying in form. I don't have a big problem with staying shapeshifted, but I do hope that they get us some new forms.
- I expected the change to Starlight Wrath. It didn't make sense to have base cast times of 3.2 seconds and 2.2 seconds.
There is one interesting change in the list above and that is the change to thorns.
In addition to the text found from MMO Champion, Murmurs is reporting that Thorns also has a 45 second cooldown.
Thorns now lasts 20 sec, down from 10 minutes. Damage increased by 1400% (Deals 447 damage instead of 32)
My first impression of this change is positive. Thorns has always been a fairly lack luster spell. Every little bit counts but it is so weak that no one every really cared about it in PvE or PvP from my understanding. Now, it will finally pack some punch.
I think the new thorns will primarily be a PvP tool. It could be great for making melee think twice before ganging up on a single player, or could help you take down someone that isn't paying close attention to where their damage is coming from.
From a PvE perspective the new Thorns is still a better spell but probably less useful then it is for PvP. I think this will be great for throwing on an Add tank, for an extra boost damage and threat. Ultimately it gives us something else to think about which is clearly popular with some moonkin.