Gear Guide Part 2.
Chest: This one is pretty hard. There are a lot of good cloth chests and it really depends on what you are looking for. It is nearly impossible to rank them. If you are not willing to where cloth then choice becomes easy.
1. [Windhawk Hauberk] - BoP Crafted - Leatherworking - I realize that not everyone will have access to this chest. However, it you are a leatherworker it is a clear choice. It has great overall stats with a ton of damage and crit. Note that the pure damage and the healing damage on this item stack for a total of 46 damage before sockets.
2. [Robe of Oblivion] - Shadow Labyrinth - Murmur - As I said before this is a really hard choice. I ranked this number two because it has the most potential overall spell damage of the non-crafted items, but there are a lot of other good options if you can't get this one. Check the Honorable Mentions for other options of cloth chests.
3. [Tunic of the Nightwatcher] - Underbog - Swamplord Musel'ek - If you leveled as moonkin you better already have this chest. The heroic chest is only slightly better and much harder to get. It has well rounded stats with nice overall damage. I would also suggest ignoring the socket bonus since 2 mp5 isn't all that much.
1. [Windhawk Bracers] - BoP Crafted - Leatherworking - Much like the crafted chest these bracers have very good stats and there aren't a lot of other options. The badge bracers are quite a bit better so these probably won't last really long but they are much better then the other options before you raid and do lots of heroics. I do suggest that you ignore the Socket bonus.
2. [Shattrath Wraps] - Dungeon Quest - The Soul Devices - A very nice set of bracers that you are almost guaranteed to have. Doesn't have as much damage as other options, but it does have nice overall stats.
3. [Bracers of Havok] - BoE Crafted - Tailoring - Very high damage and fairly cheap for crafted bracers. I would ignore the socket bonus on these as well.
4. [Mana Infused Wristguards] - Quest - A Fate Worse Than Death - Sadly these are the best Leather Bracers available if you are not willing to wear cloth. They are also a perfect reason as to why Moonkin should where cloth when it has better stats than your leather options.
1. [Gloves of Arcane Acuity] - Magister's Terrace - Kael'thas Sunstrider - Another great new item from patch 2.4. It has a ton of damage and hit with good overall stats as well. This is clearly the best choice.
2. [Starlight Gauntlets] - Underbog - Hungarfen - This is another item that you should already have if you leveled as a moonkin. These are the best leather gloves before you raid and you can use them at level 63. They have decent overall stats with a good amount of spell damage.
3. [Gloves of Oblivion] - The Shattered Halls - Warchief Kargath Bladefist - It seems like every other item I list is a warlock set piece. These gloves are great if you need some spell hit, but the other two options are clearly superior if you don't.
As I mentioned last post we have been having a little trouble getting enough healers to raid. Thursday was no exception. Hopefully we will have more people back this week and can get back on track. Other than that there is not much to say.
Graylo - I got about 34 badges over the weekend, bringing my total to 165. I need 45 more to get the 2.4 ring and gloves, and the 2.3 chest. I would need 75 after that to get 2.3 head. If the patch doesn't drop tomorrow I may go ahead and get the 2.3 Helm since it will take a couple of weeks for the 2.4 badge vendors to be available.
Graypal - I didn't do anything with him.
Grayfel - Got him up to level 35. I really like playing him but some of the warlock quarks are starting to annoy me. Soul Shards should Stack!. The freaken pet quests have me running all over the place. I am level 35 and still don't have a fel hunter. My mining as also annoying me because I am a little behind leveling it. I can mine most of the nodes I see but there are a few that I can't because I am to low level. He is out of rested XP again, and I will be having company next week end so who knows when I will pick him up again.