Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gray Matter is Branching Out

I didn't mention it when it happened but a third thing happened during my awesome week. Phae over at Resto4Life asked me to write a post for her amazing blog. Since her readership is much bigger then mine I jumped at the chance. (Branching Out .... Get it?)

In an effort to provide something that is relevant to both Moonkin and Resto's I took a look at the gear changes in WotLK. In the past, Moonkin have had to fight tooth and nail with clothies to get decent gear. All of that is about to change. With the abundance of Leather Caster gear in WotLK expect that debate to change. Not only will clothies resist us rolling on cloth even more, but know we will be competing for the good leather items with all the tree's running around.

However, it doesn't have to be a big fight. It is my belief that each caster item leans more towards a DPS role or a Healing role. In my article I look at each of the stats and show how both Moonkin and Trees value them. Hopefully, this will prompt some good conversations with in our guilds so that we can plan our upgrades,have fewer arguments, and spend less DKP.

You can find the article here.

Thanks again to Phae for allowing me to spend some time on her blog. Hopefully I didn't leave to many feathers in the couch.

3 comments:

Loni Huff said...

Thank YOU for the fantastic article, Gray. :-D

Keeva said...

When the changes to spellpower were announced, there were a lot of hands thrown in the air and cries of "OMG, now we'll all be wearing the same thing! Everyone will want my gear!" But you're right - gear will lean (sometimes heavily, sometimes not so heavily) towards being a dps item or a healing item... then it's just up to people to recognise what kind of role it is best suited to.

Whether or not people are courteous enough to use commonsense when rolling on items remains to be seen, though. Hopefully articles like yours will help them to understand that not everything with spellpower is made for them.

:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going so well for you graylo.. Don't forget about us little people.

-Fero