Thursday, September 6, 2007

Welcome to Gray Matter

Hello everyone. Welcome to my World of Warcraft blog.

I have created this blog so that I can write down some of my thoughts on the game. I don't have any real life friends that play the game so I don't really have any one to discuss it with. I will use it to record my game experience and to express some of my thoughts on the my toons, guild, and the game in general. So here is a little about my toons and such.

Charicters:

Graylo - lvl 70 NE Balance Druid - This is my main character. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with him. I love him because I think moonkin are awesome in the right circumstances and he is my only 70. The down side though is that he is a moonkin which makes it hard to get groups some times due to their reputation. Anyway, I will right a longer post on his history later.

Graypal - lvl 39 Draenei Shadow Priest - This is my main alt. I started him a couple of months ago for a few reasons. 1. I wanted to see some of the Draenei starting area. 2. My guild at the time really needed healers. 3. Since Draenei also have Fear Ward I thought he was a nice alternative to a dwarf. My original intention was to level him to 60 or so as a Shadow priest to speed up the process then switch to Holy so that I could learn priest healing. However, since I have seen the importance of shadow priests in my current guild I am thinking of keeping him shadow.

Graydin - lvl 16 Human Warrior - I started this guy when I first started the game. I intended to make him into a tank, but I don't have a lot of interest in leveling him right now.

Graybon - lvl 13 Dwarf Hunter - I created this guy a long time ago because I thought hunters had an easier time leveling because they have pet. However, I lost interest in him because Graylo was a higher level and was able to do instances. I've just never really gone back to him.

All of these toons are on the US Eitrigg Server. I also have a few guys on other servers but they were created when Eitrigg was down and are not serious efforts.

Guilds:

Dpt of Homeland Security - I don't why I am even mentioning it but I was only in this guild for a day or two in Graylo's early 20's. I joined it because I guy I instanced with a lot invited me, but he quit the day after I joined. Also, even at that low level I was one of the highest level members of the guild. It just wasn't what I wanted.

Lost Souls - Graylo joined Lost Souls in his mid 20's and stuck with them until 70. It is a very casual guild with some good people, but there wasn't much to do with them after you hit 70. Kara was out of the question because of numbers and class make up. So I made a switch because I wanted to raid.

Full of Crit - Graylo joined this guild at 70 when the guild was still fairly new. It was a great guild with a lot of great players. I am sad that it no longer exists. The guild started out great. We progressed through Kara very quickly and started Gruul's Lair, but then we hit a wall and the guild fell apart. It fell a part for a couple of reasons. First, a good chunk of the guilds original leadership got burned out and stopped playing as much. Second a few key players quit the game slowing our progression because we had to use less experienced players. Third, the guild developed a bit of a bad reputation (for both good and bad reasons) and most of the people the guild attracted were not the type of people a guild would want. Ultimately the Guild leader that was holding it all together decided that it wasn't worth it any more and left for another guild. This cause a chain reaction and all of the core members (including myself) of the guild split off and went to new guilds. FoC was then disbanded.

Wandering Alliance: This is an endgame raiding guild that Graylo and Graypal are members. (Graydin and Graybon are unguilded) I have only been a member of this guild for 2 or 3 weeks but I am very happy with it so far. It is definatly a step up from FoC. Gruul's and Mag are on Farm and we are progressing nicely through SSC and TK. As an add bonus quite a few of my friends from FoC ended up here also, and I have been able to get some great gear up grades including T4 chest and T5 Shoulders

Well, I guess that is enough for now. Please check back as I expand on my thoughts and leave comments if you have something to say.

No comments: