Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eyonix: "<3 Graylo's blogs :D"

Tuesdays are slow WoW days for me. My guild doesn't raid so I try and spend a little extra time with the wife and kid. So, last night I put my son to bed. I'm about to go down stars to watch a little TV with the wife, but she is finishing a few things up so I have a couple of minutes. Why don't I take a quick look at my blog email to see If I've got any comments or questions.

Hmmmm, I've got an email Phae. This is should be interesting.

I'm sure you've gotten a hundred e-mails about this already, but just in case: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/2/14990442808-loatheb-moonkin-dps.html

Eyonix reads Gray Matter :-)

Congrats!
Phae

What that heck? :-/ ....... (I click the link)

(Heart) Graylo's blogs :D
What???? :-O

A blue poster reads my blog. That is awesome!

Really it's not that surprising that the CMs and probably other Blizzard employees read WoW related blogs. Phae has over 2500 subscribers, Matticus isn't far behind, and I'm sure BBB is way up there also. There is no way blizzard could miss these excellent blogs.

However, I don't put myself into that category. I still think of Gray Matter as a fairly small blog. Its not well designed and polished like those I mentioned above (I should really switch to wordpress). I service a small (but growing) community that doesn't have a whole lot of resources. In turn I get to comment on an excellent game and have people respond in a way that is much more satisfying then posting in the WoW forums.

So, to think that one of my 130+ subscribers might be a blue poster blows my mind. I would have considered it wishful thinking to think that I was on their radar.

I think Phae put it best when she offered congratulations on her blog.


It is really exciting – for all of us – to think Blizzard might read some of the many fantastic class/spec-based blogs out there.
I agree completely. It's amazing to think that we as bloggers and commenters might have a small impact on how Blizzard develops the game.

So great job to everyone that takes the time to write about and comment on their class/spec. It is a task with few tangible rewards, but the satisfaction you can get from helping your fellow players makes it all worth it. Plus, you never know who might be reading.

Note:
Special thanks are owed to Starkfist and all of the people that have promoted my blog across various places of the Internet.

Also want to point out that this is not a solo effort. I may be the one writing the posts, but the info is generated by the community. Thanks go out to Erdluf and Badeggplant for correcting my math. And thanks to all of the EJ and Moonkin Repository posters for being so helpful and providing so much information.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations bro, its always a great feeling when you are reaching a larger audience than you expected.

I remember when I got an email from some writer on Wired Mag telling me they were including a website of mine in one of their articles. Probably one of the best feeling I've had from an online event.

Grats again, the quality content on this blog definitely deserves the love.

Macbook

Maebius said...

Congrats!
I knew I wasn't going wrong when I emailed you for Moonkin info. This just cements the fact in my mind.

Greylo knows the Boomkin.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Graylo. :) I'm glad to hear you have an audience with the blues - your blog is an amazing part of the Drood community and on top of that it's just plain fun to read.

We always wonder exactly how much traffic we get from Blizz, but frankly, after going live with that Death Grip bug I think the only communication I can realistically expect from them is death threats, written in blood, and taped to the ass of a hamster with poor bladder control.

Lochmonster said...

Hey!

Starkfist here!

Was pretty geeked out that you gave me props in your Blog. Been following it for quite a bit now and never steered me wrong.

The only reason I responded to the thread in the first place was because Beefkin and I were having a discussion about Wrath vs. SF proc on Loatheb a few days prior.

You can see my responses on Part:1 "Which buff is best",where I state my druid toon's name(Mordeki is my old rogue). I also do some crappy math in those posts too, lol:

In the whole theme of "It's a small World of Warcraft" Today is my birthday and I got a speeding ticket on the way to work. I was bumming and then saw my name on your blog and cheered right up!

Thanks again man!!

Graylo said...

@Allison

"We always wonder exactly how much traffic we get from Blizz, but frankly, after going live with that Death Grip bug I think the only communication I can realistically expect from them is death threats, written in blood, and taped to the ass of a hamster with poor bladder control."

I LOLed

@Mordeki

Happy Birthday.

As I said in my post my blog is not a solo effort. It wouldn't be half of what it is if it wasn't for readers who have promoted. Not only where you helping me spread the information, but your post resulted in one of the best blog days I've ever had. So, you diserve some thanks.

I hope your B-day ends 100 times better then it started.

Dave said...

Graylo has always been a great go-to source for solid moonkin info, even if I just lurk most of the time :)

Glad to see you getting some blue love!

Unknown said...

Don't sell yourself short, Greylo :)

Yes, it's a group effort - but you're the one putting it on the Internet in a way that appeals to the many readers out there.

I do seriously hope that "The Blues" have been quietly following you for years :)