Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Toon Update: 2/17/2009

The Guild:

The guild had a very good week. We completed both [Heroic: You Don't Have An Eternity] and [You Don't Have An Eternity] on Wednesday. The 10man version wasn't a big surprise. We had been flirting with it a couple of weeks. Two weeks ago we accidentally killed him when we were 10 to 15 seconds over the time. The next week we thought we had it and killed him just a second or two over time. DBM said that we killed him in 6 minutes but the official clock said we were a little off. This week phase 2 was a little sloppy but we had an awesome phase 1 and phase 3 and we killed him with 15 seconds on the clock.

The other big achievement this week was [The Twilight Zone]. Unfortunately I was not in the group. The raid leader decided to start stacking the raid to favor Physical or Caster damage. Since the majority of our group was melee already, they decided to drop me for an Enhancement shaman. I thought our more mixed group was getting really close and could have killed him but I completely understand the raid leader's choice. I have no ill feelings about it, but I am very jealous. Given all of the weeks I worked on that fight I really wanted to be in on the first kill. The other sad part is that I will probably be unavailable for our next attempt since my playing time will be limited next week. Anyway, Congratz to Myraxa and the guys that got him down.

With those three achievements done there is only one left we need to complete before the release of Uldar. That is [The Immortal]. The funny thing is, its not a hard achievement. We've killed every boss without anyone dying, we just haven't done it in the same lockout period. Mainly its people dying to stupid stuff. One week we had someone standing in the wrong spot on the pull and Raz came over and wacked him. Last week we to many people got close to Sir Zeliek and chained a Holy Wrath that ultimately hit a healer for 22k damage. Don't get me wrong. I know how easy it is to make a mistake. I've made my share, and I've seen very skilled players stand in a void zone and die. However, Naxx isn't that tough. If we can all just get our heads in the game and don't take any risks then it should get it no problem. Lets hope it happens this week.

Graylo:

The interesting thing about Graylo is that I actually went feral for a couple of hours on Saturday. With dual specs coming out some time soon I've been thinking about using it to go Feral as my second spec. My guild currently doesn't have a feral druid and it is so different that I might be interesting. As a result I have been putting together two feral sets for DPS and Tanking. On top of that due to the holiday and such it was a little difficult to find people to play on Saturday. Since my pure Stam tank set was done they decided to use me to tank Sarth during Sarth 3D on ten man.

Given that I haven't tanked anything since Deadmines I think it went pretty well. I'm sure my threat was horrible but that isn't really the goal of a Sarth tank. I could have done a little better keeping myself alive but I was learning from my mistakes. The sick part was my health. Fully buffed fro 10man I had 52k health in bear form. Since then I've picked up another trinket that should give me close to another 2k health, and I think I survived some of the breaths without any mitigation.

I did try and tank a little bit of a heroic afterwards and that was a big failure, but all and all a good night.

Other then that Graylo has been involved in some clean up. I've been trying to do some of the Icecrown quests that I haven't gotten to yet. I've been working on that because I spent a couple thousand gold on enchants, gems, and mats to get my tanking gear up to quality and I want to make the money back.

I also want to get the phasing completed. I thought all the group quests would make that a big issue but I'm finding that there are still a lot of people around trying to do those quests, and that most of them are easier then they seem. Any quest that says it needs 3 people I could solo. I even soloed some quests that needed 5. If I couldn't solo the 5man quests I found that just one person was usually enough to do it. the armory doesn't seem to be fully up today but It seems I have about 30 - 40 quests left in Icecrown.

Grayfel:

I've been trying to run lots of heroics to improve his gear and get rep for gem patterns and such. Things have been going ok. I've still got some big holes in my gear but it is starting to look a little respectable. I got into a Naxx10 pug on monday night and picked up several upgrades. I also got yelled at a little bit for not having my gear all enchanted, but then again most of my gear isn't worth enchanting.

All in all, I think I did pretty well. My gear was seriously lacking but my DPS wasn't to far behind the other lock in the raid. I picked up some big improvements to my gear that are worth enchanting. Hopefully with a few more heroics I can get him into the more formal Alt runs by guild is talking about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious what your stamina gear set is for Sarth3D.

Anonymous said...

Hey Graylo,

You deserved my spot in the 10 man. The run monday was only my second 10-man OS (and first kill!), and I definitely didn't deserve the achievement. If I could give it to you I would..

Next week will by all yours, I believe the plan will be to stack casters :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I completely missed the part about possibly missing runs next week. I'll happily stay out of the raid if that means you get a spot in 10 man OS.

Graylo said...

@Aylus

Don't worry about it at all. Its not a big deal.

Obviously I would have loved to be there for the kill, but it was much more important for the guild to get the kill. If it was easier to get the kill with me sitting then I am more then happy to do it.

As I said I have no ill feelings about sitting. Just because you didn't work on it as long as I did doesn't mean you don't deserve it. You got the kill. You deserve it. Don't worry, I will get it eventually.

@Willowbear

Its a mixture of Resist gear, Tier gear and some general tanking pieces.

Hood of the Exodus,
Hateful Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves,
Valorous Dreamwalker Legguards,
Heroes' Dreamwalker Shoulderpads,
Thrusting Bands,
Platinum Mesh Cloak,
Heritage,
Titanium Earthguard Ring,
Essence of Gossamer,
Indestructible Alchemist's Stone,
Polar Boots,
Polar Cord,
Polar Vest,
Titanium Frostguard Ring,
Staff of the Plague Beast