Monday, April 6, 2009

I've been Tagged

I generally don't like Tagging events. They feel very manufactured to me, and generally want me to post about topics that I am not interested in. However, I've been tagged for Honest Scrap by a couple of people, and it has spread pretty quickly around the WoW blogosphere. I would feel like an elitist asshole if I didn't respond. So here are the rules:

1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
1. I was tagged first by Runy at Unbearably Hot. I was then tagged by Lissanna at Restokin. Sorry if I've missed anyone. Let me know and I will add you to the list.

2. I'm not going to do 7 but here are a few poeple you may be interested in if you like my blog. Macbook at Moonkin.Info. Foofy at Foofy's Cupcake Factory. You can also look at the blogs I have listed on the right. They are the main blogs I follow.

3. 10 things about me:

  • I'm half Australian. I've never lived their but I do have a lot of family over there and visited every year or so as a kid.


  • I have two Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. One Red and one Tricolor. I love the look of the Big ears, long body, and short legs. My little girl corgi has especially large ears and they still crack me up every so often when I look at her.


  • I am a father and I'm about to have my second child with in the next month or so.


  • I am a pretty big soccer fan. I mainly follow the US men's national team, but I also like MLS and the woman's national team. I do like some of the teams in Europe but I have a hard time getting really involved in the European leagues because they are so far away.


  • I was born and raised in the south (AR and NC), but now live in Wisconsin.


  • I like to read. As a kid I read every single book by Stephen King. Now I'm more into Fantasy books, and I'm rereading a lot of the Ender books by Orson Scott Card.


  • When I was younger I considered myself Straight Edge. I still live by the primary principles of not drinking, smoking or doing drugs, but I feel I've out grown the label. (on a side note: I think it is absolutely hilarious that some people consider it a gang like the bloods and the crips.)


  • I hate snow. I liked as a kid but a few years of having to clean it off my drive way and sidewalks make me now despise it.


  • I love movies. I used to try and see all the oscar movies before the show so that I could have an opinion, but parenthood has made that impossible.


  • I am a white man that is in a historically African American Fraternity. I am in Phi Beta Sigma but no longer active.


  • There you go. 10 random things about me.

    8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I also have two Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. One Red and one Tricolor.
    Baily and Sadie. and a Moonkin. What are the odds? LOL -
    Great blog by the way - I read it weekly and it was very insightful in my leveling as a Moonkin -

    >:)
    Zukram

    Oscar said...

    1. I have all the OSC books and have read them twice. The Ender Saga is one of the best sci-fi stories ever written. And I have a moonkin, too. ^^
    2. I am half Norwegian. I go there every winter.
    3. I love snow (and we have a lot of it up here).

    I read your blog daily and I love it. Thanks for everything so far. One question (while we're personal): How did you become so good in math? Any college courses you'd recommend?

    Best Regards,

    TinkTink @ Neptulon (EU), from Sweden

    Pucc said...

    So you were a straight edger? xGraylox! FEAR HIM!


    What bands where you into during your "labeled time"

    Lots of friend are and do enjoy most of the posi core bands that came out of straight edge.

    Graylo said...

    @Oscar

    I've always been naturally good at math, but WoW math isn't that difficult. The main thing is understanding how all the components work togeather. When I get into something alittle more complicated like NG uptime I see what other people do and steal it. Basically its mostly algebra and some Calculus if you get into marginal values and such.

    @pucc

    Its really to many to name. It was mainly early Victory stuff like Earth Crisis, Snapcase, Unbroken, Strife. I also listened to a sprinkling of the really old school stuff like Judge, Youth of Today, Slapshot, and Gorilla Biscuts. I don't really have any connection to the movement anymore. I would have hard time naming any of the current bands out there.

    Emo Pandas said...

    ooh the entire Ender saga? Brave of you. I threw it down after the third book.

    Unknown said...

    Have you read the Shadow Series? I actually like Bean books better than Ender's book.

    motsognir said...

    What part of wisconsin? I grew up in clinton but lived in milwaukee for a few years before getting shunted all over the country by various naval commands, sitting in Washington right now at Bangor submarine base.

    -Svartalf, Blackhand US

    Daez said...

    Hate to say it, but I generally love reading some of these types of posts. I like getting to know a few things outside the normal blog-topics. So thanks!

    And congrats on the incoming second minikin! Here's to a healthy little one. :)