Friday, October 19, 2007

1 Step Foward, 2 Steps Back, 1 Step Forward

Wandering Alliance has had a very up and down week as the title implies. Especially raiding wise.
One Step Forward: Monday we put some work into Tidewalker and got him down to 34%. A significant improvement over the last time we tried him. Needless to say we all have very high hopes for this week.
Two Steps Back: Unfortunately things haven't gone the way we hoped. It took us until Thursday to get Lurker down, which really sucks. To make matters worse we had 1% Lurker whips on both nights of trying him. A 1% whip is the most demoralizing type of wipe in my opinion. Because you know that just one mistake was the difference. I know on one of the whips I didn't manage my mana well using my first pot way to late. This resulted in me having a little down time. As a result I end up asking myself could I have done the extra 14k damage needed to down him if I had not messed up. I think I could have. Of course I wasn't the only one that messed up. There where several people that died very early in the fight. If any one of them had stayed up a minute longer we would have downed him.
One Step Forward: Then on Thursday we one shotted Lurker even though we got off to a bit of a late start due to attendance and connection issues. After Lurker we went and made a couple of attempts on Tidewalker, and things went well and we got him down to 8% on the first attempt. We have come up with a good way to deal with the adds. We have a Lock life tap and then have a pally tank heal him to get aggro. Some of the AOE could wait a little longer to start casting because some of them are still pulling aggro and dying but all in all it is going pretty well. The main thing we need to work out now is the Murlocks with the Water Globules. We all went up to Tidewalker to avoid the Globules but when we tryed to kill the murlocks they killed a few of our melee because they were frozen on top of them. Anyway it shouldn't be long now before he is down.

One thing this weeks raiding has confirmed for me is how huge the B-rez cooldown reduction is in 2.3. It seems like our first attempt was always better than the second and the only difference is that we were able to get people back up in the first attempts.

On a side note we had a bit of Guild Drama on Tuesday. I won't get into the details, but the basic issue was some prior guild drama between two relatively new members and one very new member. The strange part is that I played a part in recruiting all three people to WA, as they were all former members of FoC. However, I knew very little about the drama since it happened after FoC broke up. To make a long story short, all three people are still in the guild. They may not be entirely happy with each other but are willing to raid together and down bosses. Hopefully a little time will heal the wound.

Drops:
[Grove-Bands of Remulos] - Lurker
[Libram of Absolute Truth] - Lurker
[Choker of Animalistic Fury] - Lurker
[Pattern: Boots of Natural Grace] - Trash
[Boots of Courage Unending] - Trash

Toon Update:
Graylo - Raid, Farm, Raid, Farm. I am going to try and do some of the Hallows eve stuff though.
Graypal - Rest, Rest, Rest. He is very close to his max rested xp now so I really need to do something with him. I have been focusing on Graylo though so it has been a little tough to get time.

No comments: