Thursday, October 25, 2007

FATHOM-LORD DOWN!!!!!!!

Oh man, these titles are getting fun to write. I guess this is a sign that WA is truly back on track.

I didn't raid on Tuesday and the guild downed Lurker and Tidewalker. Lurker was a one-shot and I think they did Tidewalker in 3 shots. This is very selfish of me but I'm happy that Lurker didn't drop the belt I want.

Last night, we did Fathom-Lord and Mag, and it was a night of Last Attempts. We used the old content strategy again where we gave Mag an hour and where going to move on after that whether we downed him or not. A lot of the people in raid hadn't done Mag before so it took a few attempts to get the banish down, but the adds went pretty well all 3 or 4 attempts. In my opinion the adds are the hardest part of that fight. However, we downed him on the last attempt before we left for SSC.

The Fathom-Lord fight took a bit more, since we where still working out our strategy and positioning. Most of the strats I've read on it have you doing Hunter, Shaman, Priest, boss, but we did the Shaman first to get rid of the totems and then hunter second. The hardest part of his fight is really the first two adds. After a few attempts we figured out how to get the totems down quickly and we would get about half way through the hunter but would end up whiping due to healers dying. However, once we changed their positioning a little it was easy because the healers were able to heal each other. After the hunter the priest is cake. The tank and one Warlock got her close to 50% before the raid got to her. When we finally got to Fathom-Lord it was pretty much a tank and spank. We had to deal with the totems of course that that is easy after downing the shaman. It is probably also more stressful on the healers because the tank will take so much extra damage but there are a lot of them to heal only a few targets.

All in all it was a very good night. I need to go and read up on Hydross some more since it has been a while since I looked at those strats. With a little bit of luck we should be able to get him down this week also and maybe get a few attempts in on Leo.

Drops:
[Leggings of the Vanquished Champion] - Fathom-Lord
[Leggings of the Vanquished Defender] - Fathom-Lord
[Soul-Strider Boots] - Fathom-Lord
[Chestguard of the Fallen Champion] x 2 - Magtheridon
[Magtheridon's Head] - Magtheridon
[Glaive of the Pit] - Magtheridon
[Eye of Magtheridon] - Magtheridon

I didn't get any of the loot but I did want the T5 pants and the Eye of Magtheridon. I was out rolled on the Eye and the T5 pants went to one of our main healers because it was our first set of T5 pants. It is very understand able that Healers and Tanks get gear first but It kind of sucks for me because almost every one else that wants my tier piece is a healer or a tank. Oh well, I will get it eventually.

Toon Update:
Graylo - Raiding and Farming. Nothing special.
Graypal - Got him to about 2 bars from 54. It really pissed me off yesterday when I realized that I had destroyed a quest item I needed. It was a flare gun you need to summon a guy to turn in a quest. So, I had to go all the way to IF from Azshara and back. Luckily I was able to get a guildie to port me from Darn to IF and back. Anyway, he is now off to Felwood, and hopefully I can get someone to run me through ST soon so I can complete the Priest quest for the wand.

No comments: